We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Beginning West Coast Swing at Sundance Saloon
Sundays: August 3, 10, 17: 5:30-6:30 pm
Sundance Saloon: Cocoa Room
We present a 3-week beginner series teaching the basics of west coast swing with instructor Johnny Quarto-vonTivadar. No experience is necessary, though some familiarity with partner dancing may be helpful. This series is also recommended for intermediate-level dancers wishing to review and refine their basics.
The cost for the entire 3-week series is $16 payable in advance (or $20 if paying at the first lesson). Note that this is in addition to the regular admission charge each week at Sundance Saloon. No one will be turned away for lack of funds: if you are unable to afford the extra charge, please let us know. Attendance is limited to 24 people.
Questions may be addressed to: email@example.com.
The Sundance Stompede: Early Bird Registraion Ends July 31
October 16-19, 2014
San Francisco, California
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make your weekend another memorable one.
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon.
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn.
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2014 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom.
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon.
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced.
- SOCIAL EVENTS, including our VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Social, and After-hours Parties.
And this year we are excited to present country-western singer Scooter Lee, famous for line dance hits Dizzy and Honky Tonk Twist! She will appear for a special hour of music and dancing Saturday afternoon, along with an appearance at Saturday night's Hoedown!
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS OPEN at www.stompede.com, along with much more information about the weekend.
Blue Moon Swing at Sundance Saloon
Every Thursday: 7:45 - 10:30 pm (lessons 7:45 - 8:30 pm)
Sundance Saloon: Cocoa Room
Our weekly West Coast Swing event continues at Sundance Saloon! Blue Moon Swing, directed by Johnny Quarto-vonTivadar, takes place every Thursday night in the Cocoa Room. West Coast Swing lessons from 7:45 to 8:30 pm, followed by open swing dancing -- all included with your regular Sundance Saloon admission.
Monthly Saturday (next: August 2, August 30): 6:00 - 10:00 pm
Every Tuesday (except August 26): 6:30 - 11:00 pm
Beatbox, 314 11th St. at Folsom, San Francisco
• Saturday, August 2: Our monthly Saturday night dance at Beatbox is now on the FIRST Saturday of the month (except our September dance will be on August 30).. It's a fantastic space, with a gorgeous hardwood floor, awesome sound system, fully-stocked bar, and central location. 6:00 - 10:00 pm, with beginning lessons 6-7 pm. $8 admission. NOTE: Our "September" Saturday Beatbox Country will be held on August 30.
• Tuesday nights (except August 26). Country-western dancing continues Tuesday nights at Beatbox! This night has slight increased focus on line dancing, but there is still plenty of couples' dancing to please everyone. Open 6:30 - 11 pm, beginning two-step lesson at 7:00, line dance lesson at 7:30. $6 admission
Tuesday night July line dance lesson schedule:
7/29 = Imelda's Way (beg-int)
8/5 = Hole In The Wall (int)
8/12 = So Done (int)
8/19 + Take U Home (int)
8/26 = *no Beatbox Country*
What is a Member of the Sundance Association?
Members contribute an annual donation above and beyond the price of admission to Sundance Saloon. These funds are vital in supporting the various projects of the Sundance Association, including Sundance Saloon and our numerous special events. 25% of our income derives from the generosity of our community though memberships.
On August 10 we'll have a special party: a tribute to the supporting members of The Sundance Association. If you are a member, you’ll get complimentary admission on August 10. If you are not a member, or if your membership has lapsed, consider joining our Sundance family now! See our membership page for more information.
Did you know that Sundance Saloon is run entirely by volunteers? The managers, front door and coat-check staff, set-up crew, instructors, and DJs all donate their time to create this unique institution. It is the cumulative effort of dozens of volunteers that keep Sundance Saloon thriving and make it such a special place.
We are continuing to recruit new volunteers for the front door and coat-check, especially those who can commit to serving one hour a month on Sundays. If you can help us out, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We celebrate Labor Day weekend with extended hours! Includes BBQ, line dance marathon, and the best country-western dancing in the world. Admission $5 as usual.
- 5:00 - 8:00 pm: parking lot BBQ brought to you by the GSGRA/BAC
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm: line dance marathon in the Main Room
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm: beginning two-step lessons in the Cocoa Room
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: line dance lesson in the Cocoa Room
- 7:00 - 11:00 pm: open dancing in the Main Room
RSVP Cruise Raffle to Benefit the Sundance Stompede
Cruise: RSVP 30th Anniversary Caribbean Cruise, February 8-15, 2015
Drawing: October 18, 2014 at the Sundance Stompede Hoedown 2014
Win a balcony cabin on RSVP’s 30th Anniversary Caribbean cruise, sailing February 8-15, 2015 on the brand new Regal Princess. The cruise sails from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and visits Princess Cay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, with all of RSVP's renowned activities and entertainment, including country-western dancing provided by Sundance Saloon!
Raffle tickets are $5 each, or five for $20, available at Sundance Saloon or by mail. Drawing to be held October 18, 2014 at the Sundance Stompede Hoedown 2014 dance. Winner need not be present to win. Proceeds benefit the beneficiaries of the Sundance Stompede: the AIDS Emergency Fund and Openhouse, providing services, housing and community for LGBT seniors. For more details, including purchasing tickets by mail order, see our cruise information page.