We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
• Birthday Dance - First Sunday of the month (Aug 7). We celebrate our monthly birthdays with a special tribute dance and cake!
• Line Dance Pro Sessions - Sunday, Aug 14, 21, 28. Challenge yourself with new line dances. Most Sundays except the first Sunday of the month.
• Line Dance 101 Lessons - Every Sunday. Especially aimed towards beginning line dancers and the line-dance challenged.
• Beginning Two-Step Lessons - Every Sunday and Thursday. We always have baginning two-step lessons! No partner necessary.
• Intermediate Lessons - First Sunday and Thursday of the month (Aug 4, 7, 18). Our new series of lessons to help beginners progress towards advanced.
• Advanced Lessons - Thursday, Aug 11, 25. Lessons for accomplished dancers.
Country Dance-A-Thon Raises Over $10,000
Event date: August 20: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Jane Warner Plaza, Castro & Market, San Francisco
The Country Dance-a-Thon was a two-stepping and line dancing marathon that took place Saturday, August 20 at Jane Warner Plaza in the heart of San Francisco's Castro district! A joint project of Sundance Saloon and the Bare Chest Calendar, we danced for three hours to support three nonprofit organizations: AIDS Emergency Fund, Positive Resource Center, and The Sundance Association with a portion of the proceeds earmarked for our performance group, the Sundance Bandits.
Participants collectively raised over $10,000, led by Scott Hammond ($2210) and Gary Ku ($1200). Thanks to all of the participants and donors who helped make this year's Dance-A-Thon such a success.
We will continue to accept donations through August 31. Sponsor a participant, or contribute to the general fund.
Total raised as of August 20:
We celebrate Labor Day weekend with our usual holiday weekend line dance marathon from 5:00 to 7:00, and something new: a Sundance cowpoke rummage sale. Donate your new or gently used clothing (western wear especially encouraged), and we'll put it on sale at Sundance Saloon, with all proceeds to benefit the Sundance Association. You're sure to find some bargains, so bring your wallet! Admission will be our usual $5.
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm: line dance marathon in the Main Room
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm: beginning two-step lessons in the Cocoa Room
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: line dance lesson in the Cocoa Room
- 7:00 - 10:30 pm: open dancing in the Main Room
- 7:00 - 10:00 pm: rummage sale in the Main Bar area
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make this weekend truly memorable. www.stompede.com
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon. 6:30-11:00 pm, 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn. 7:30pm-1:00am. 1500 Van Ness, SF. $30
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2016 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom. Our annual gala benefit country-western dance. 7:30pm-1:00am, 1300 Van Ness, SF $50
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon. 5:00-11:00pm. 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced. ($30-$40 per day for a day pass)
- SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS, including the Pre-Stompede Ice Cream Social, VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Trans-inclusive Social, Boots Only Ball, After-hours Parties, and Sunday Brunch!
Advance registration is open! Advance registration for the entire weekend is only $130 through September 23! Hotel reservations at the host hotel may be made when you register for the Stompede. More information here.
Introducing our own Sundance Saloon internet radio station! Whenever you want a dose of country-western dance music, check out the streaming at Sundance Saloon Radio. Guaranteed to make your day go by faster.
Different browsers and devices may do better with different approaches:
• Go to the website of our host: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/sundancesaloonradio. You may have better performance using the link that reads "Listen to this station in your media player."
• Go to our broadcasting webpage: http://sundancesaloonradio.playtheradio.com
• Use the radio player at the bottom of the sundancesaloon.org home page or here. (If you see a blank space, the radio player is not supported in your browser.)
Click on the symbol to copy the radio player to your desktop.