We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Monthly Saturday (next: October 4): 6:00 - 10:00 pm
Weekly Tuesday (except September 30): 6:30 - 11:00 pm
Beatbox, 314 11th St. at Folsom, San Francisco
• Saturday, October 4: Our monthly Saturday night dance at Beatbox, usually on the first Saturday of the month, moves up a week this coming month for the Labor Day weekend. It's a fantastic space, with a gorgeous hardwood floor, awesome sound system, fully-stocked bar, and central location. 6:00 - 10:00 pm, with beginning lessons 6-7 pm. $8 admission.
• Tuesday nights (except 9/30). Country-western dancing continues Tuesday nights at Beatbox! This night has slight increased focus on line dancing, but there is still plenty of couples' dancing to please everyone. Open 6:30 - 11 pm, beginning two-step lesson at 7:00, line dance lesson at 7:30. $6 admission
Tuesday night September line dance lesson schedule:
9/2 = Hole In The Wall (int)
9/9 = Tulane (int) - NEW!
9/16 = Tulane (int)
9/23 = Honky Tonk Twist (int)
9/30 *no Beatbox Country*
Blue Moon Swing at Sundance Saloon
Every Thursday: 7:45 - 10:30 pm (lessons 7:45 - 8:30 pm)
Sundance Saloon: Cocoa Room
Our weekly West Coast Swing event continues at Sundance Saloon! Blue Moon Swing, directed by Johnny Quarto-vonTivadar, takes place every Thursday night in the Cocoa Room. West Coast Swing lessons from 7:45 to 8:30 pm, followed by open swing dancing -- all included with your regular Sundance Saloon admission.
Country-western dancing returns to the Castro Street Fair at our great location in the parking lot behind the Castro Theater. Dance all afternoon on our own portable dance floor, proudly custom-built by Sundance Association volunteers! We’re planning a quick beginning line dance lesson at 2 pm ... and come help us teach the Barn Dance at 4 pm.
We need volunteers for load-in Saturday (10-11:30 am), and Sunday for set-up (9–11 am), boot-check and "wranglers" (11 am–6 pm) and load-out (6–8 pm).
The Sundance Stompede: Advance Registration Ends Sept. 25
October 16-19, 2014
San Francisco, California
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make your weekend another memorable one.
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon.
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn.
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2014 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom.
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon.
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced.
- SOCIAL EVENTS, including our VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Social, and After-hours Parties.
And this year we are excited to present country-western singer Scooter Lee, famous for line dance hits Dizzy and Honky Tonk Twist! She will appear for a special hour of music and dancing Saturday afternoon, along with an appearance at Saturday night's Hoedown!
Advance registration ends September 25. Registration details at www.stompede.com, along with much more information about the weekend.
Volunteers needed! We have dozens of vounteer shifts to fill. Hlpe to make this another memorable weekend. On-line volunteer sign-up is available now.
RSVP Cruise Raffle to Benefit the Sundance Stompede
Cruise: RSVP 30th Anniversary Caribbean Cruise, February 8-15, 2015
Drawing: October 18, 2014 at the Sundance Stompede Hoedown 2014
Win a balcony cabin on RSVP’s 30th Anniversary Caribbean cruise, sailing February 8-15, 2015 on the brand new Regal Princess. The cruise sails from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and visits Princess Cay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, with all of RSVP's renowned activities and entertainment, including country-western dancing provided by Sundance Saloon!
Raffle tickets are $5 each, or five for $20, available at Sundance Saloon or by mail. Drawing to be held October 18, 2014 at the Sundance Stompede Hoedown 2014 dance. Winner need not be present to win. Proceeds benefit the beneficiaries of the Sundance Stompede: the AIDS Emergency Fund and Openhouse, providing services, housing and community for LGBT seniors. For more details, including purchasing tickets by mail order, see our cruise information page.
Did you know that Sundance Saloon is run entirely by volunteers? The managers, front door and coat-check staff, set-up crew, instructors, and DJs all donate their time to create this unique institution. It is the cumulative effort of dozens of volunteers that keep Sundance Saloon thriving and make it such a special place.
We are continuing to recruit new volunteers for the front door and coat-check, especially those who can commit to serving one hour a month on Sundays. If you can help us out, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.