We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
• Birthday Dance - First Sunday of the month (May 1). We celebrate our monthly birthdays with a special tribute dance and cake!
• Line Dance Pro Sessions - Sunday, May 8, 15, 22. Challenge yourself with new line dances. Most Sundays except the first Sunday of the month.
• Line Dance 101 Lessons - Every Sunday. Especially aimed towards beginning line dancers and the line-dance challenged.
• Beginning Two-Step Lessons - Every Sunday and Thursday. We always have baginning two-step lessons! No partner necessary.
• Intermediate Lessons - First Sunday and Thursday of the month (May 1, 5, also 19). Our new series of lessons to help beginners progress towards advanced.
• Advanced Lessons - Thursday, May 12, 26. Lessons for accomplished dancers.
We celebrate Memorial Day weekend with a special party, including a special line dance marathon and special treats - and we stay open late! Come for dinner: we've hired a fabulous taco truck (click here for menu: burritos, tacos, quesadillas). Special event admission $8.
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm: line dance marathon (Main Room)
- 5:00 - 8:00 pm: taco truck
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm: beginning two-step lessons (Cocoa Room)
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: line dance lesson (Cocoa Room)
- 7:00 - 11:00 pm: open dancing (Main Room)
Introducing our own Sundance Saloon internet radio station! Whwnever you want a dose of country-western dance music, check out the streaming at Sundance Saloon Radio. Put it in the background at work and watch the day go by faster.
Different browsers and devices may do better with different approaches:
• Go to the website of our host: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/sundancesaloonradio. You may have better performancce using the link that reads "Listen to this station in your media player."
• Go to our broadcasting webpage: http://sundancesaloonradio.playtheradio.com
• Use the radio player at the bottom of the sundancesaloon.org home page or here. (If you see a blank space, the radio player is not supported in your browser.)
Click on the symbol to copy the radio player to your desktop.
Sundance Saloon CW Night at Sonoma County Pride
Friday, June 3: 8:00 pm - 12:00 midnight
Veterans Hall, 16255 First Street, Guerneville, CA
Sundance Saloon is proud to support Sonoma County Pride with a special Friday night country-western dance at the Russian River! We'll be dancing on the hardwood floor of the Veterans Hall located in central Guernville at First and Church Streets. Beginning lessons 8:00 - 9:00 pm, followed by open dancing until midnight. Admission $10. Sonoma County Pride offers a series of events through the weekend of June 5 to 7.
Street Dancing In The Castro
Saturday, June 11: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Jane Warner Plaza, Castro & Market, San Francisco
We're doing it again! Enjoy another fun afternoon of outdoor dancing in the heart of the Castro, June 11.
This is a great opportunity to show off our diversity: we especially encourage women, trans, people of color, and our younger generation to come out and enjoy the fun. Thanks to the Castro/Upper Market Community Benefit District for organizing this event.
We're sorry to report that our planned June Beatbox Country event is cancelled due to a scheduling conflist. .
(Remember: Sundance Saloon will not be held at our Barneveld Avenue location June 26.)
Celebrate San Francisco Pride with your boots on! Three glorious back-to-back events make this a weekend to remember!
Sundance Pre-Pride Dance. Saturday, June 25, 7:30 pm to midnight, with beginning lessons 7:30-8:30. Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market St., San Francisco. Dance in the gorgeous ballroom of this historic hotel. Admission $12.
Sundance Festival Pride Dance. Sunday, June 26, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. An amazing experience you don't want to miss! We're in the same spot as last year: on Grove near Larkin. We will teach a line dance at 2:00 pm and then the Barn Dance at 4:00 pm. Come help the new folks learn! Donations requested at the Festival gates.
Sundance After-Pride Dance. Sunday, June 26, 6:00 to 10:30 pm. Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market St., San Francisco. Just steps away from the Civic Center Festival, you can close out your Pride weekend in style! Beginning lessons 6:00 to 7:15 pm, and open dancing from 7:00 to close. Pizza $1 a slice! Admission $12.
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make this weekend truly memorable. www.stompede.com
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon. 6:30-11:00 pm, 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn. 7:30pm-1:00am. 1500 Van Ness, SF. $30
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2016 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom. Our annual gala benefit country-western dance. 7:30pm-1:00am, 1300 Van Ness, SF $50
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon. 5:00-11:00pm. 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced. ($30-$40 per day for a day pass)
- SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS, including the Pre-Stompede Ice Cream Social, VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Trans-inclusive Social, Boots Only Ball, After-hours Parties, and Sunday Brunch!
Advance registration is open! Early bird registration is only $120 for the entire weekend! Hotel reservations at the host hotel may be made when you register for the Stompede. More information here.