We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
• Birthday Dance - First Sunday of the month (Jun 5). We celebrate our monthly birthdays with a special tribute dance and cake!
• Line Dance Pro Sessions - Sunday, Jun 12, 19. Challenge yourself with new line dances. Most Sundays except the first Sunday of the month.
• Line Dance 101 Lessons - Every Sunday. Especially aimed towards beginning line dancers and the line-dance challenged.
• Beginning Two-Step Lessons - Every Sunday and Thursday. We always have baginning two-step lessons! No partner necessary.
• Intermediate Lessons - First Sunday and Thursday of the month (Jun 2, 5, 30). Our new series of lessons to help beginners progress towards advanced.
• Advanced Lessons - Thursday, Jun 9, 23. Lessons for accomplished dancers.
(Remember: Sundance Saloon will not be held at our Barneveld Avenue location June 26.)
Celebrate San Francisco Pride with your boots on! Three glorious back-to-back events make this a weekend to remember!
Sundance Pre-Pride Dance. Saturday, June 25, 7:30 pm to midnight, with beginning lessons 7:30-8:30. Dance in the gorgeous ballroom of this historic hotel. Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market St., San Francisco. Admission $12.
Sundance Festival Pride Dance. Sunday, June 26, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. An amazing experience you don't want to miss! We're in the same spot as last year: on Grove near Larkin. We will teach a line dance at 2:00 pm and then the Barn Dance at 4:00 pm. Come help the new folks learn! We will have a "boot-check" so you can leave your items with us while you dance. Donations requested at the Festival gates.
Security update: There will be increased security and safety measures at the Civic Center this year. Metal detectors will be active at all points of entry. You will not have to remove your shoes. All bags will be searched and must be soft with a maximum size of 18" x 18". No knives or any other potential weapons allowed. We strongly advise leaving any unnecessary items at home. More info ...
Sundance After-Pride Dance. Sunday, June 26, 6:00 to 10:30 pm. Just steps away from the Civic Center Festival, you can close out your Pride weekend in style! Beginning lessons 6:00 to 7:15 pm, and open dancing from 7:00 to close, with special preformance by the Sundance Bandits. We'll even have pizza from 6:00 to 7:30 so you don't need to figure out where to eat! Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market St., San Francisco. Admission $12.
Our acclaimed performance troupe, the Sundance Bandits, are looking for new members! They meet every Tuesday and would love to have you join them! There will be an open rehearsal/tryout on Tuesday, July 12. For more information please contact Drew at email@example.com.
Introducing our own Sundance Saloon internet radio station! Whenever you want a dose of country-western dance music, check out the streaming at Sundance Saloon Radio. Guaranteed to make your day go by faster.
Different browsers and devices may do better with different approaches:
• Go to the website of our host: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/sundancesaloonradio. You may have better performance using the link that reads "Listen to this station in your media player."
• Go to our broadcasting webpage: http://sundancesaloonradio.playtheradio.com
• Use the radio player at the bottom of the sundancesaloon.org home page or here. (If you see a blank space, the radio player is not supported in your browser.)
Click on the symbol to copy the radio player to your desktop.
Event date: August 20: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Jane Warner Plaza, Castro & Market, San Francisco
The Country Dance-a-Thon is a two-stepping and line dancing marathon taking place Saturday, August 20. This year we'll return to Jane Warner Plaza in the heart of San Francisco's Castro district! A joint project of Sundance Saloon and the Bare Chest Calendar, participants will dance for three hours to support three nonprofit organizations: AIDS Emergency Fund, Positive Resource Center, and The Sundance Association with a portion of the proceeds earmarked for our performance group, the Sundance Bandits.
There are three ways you can contribute to the effort:
1) Sign up as a participant! Then ask your friends and family to donate to the cause. Note that there is no requirement to dance or even to attend the Dance-A-Thon. You can be there in spirit.
2) Donate to the event, Check out who's dancing in the Dance-A-Thon and contribute on their behalf, or you can donate to the general fund.
3) Or just show up and dance. Dancing is more fun with a crowd. You don't have to be an official participant to dance at the event. We'll have a great afternoon of two-stepping and line dancing under sunny skies in the heart of the Castro. Join us!
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make this weekend truly memorable. www.stompede.com
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon. 6:30-11:00 pm, 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn. 7:30pm-1:00am. 1500 Van Ness, SF. $30
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2016 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom. Our annual gala benefit country-western dance. 7:30pm-1:00am, 1300 Van Ness, SF $50
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon. 5:00-11:00pm. 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced. ($30-$40 per day for a day pass)
- SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS, including the Pre-Stompede Ice Cream Social, VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Trans-inclusive Social, Boots Only Ball, After-hours Parties, and Sunday Brunch!
Advance registration is open! Early bird registration is only $120 for the entire weekend! Hotel reservations at the host hotel may be made when you register for the Stompede. More information here.