We remind you that:
You must be 21 or over to attend Sundance Saloon.
No outside drinks are allowed in the club.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Fake I.D. Bonus Lesson
Sunday, March 29: 5:30-6:30 pm technical lesson; 6:30 pm full lesson
Thursday, April 2: 6:30-7:00 pm technical lesson; 7:40 pm full review
We'll be teaching this challenging advanced-level line dance Fake I.D on March 29 and April 2. Because of the complexity of this dance we are adding additional "technical" lessons that will review the more challenging footwork and styling prior to the regular lesson. We have some additional resources to help you prepare:
Sundance Saloon is featured in the storefront window of the check-cashing store at 16th & Market, featuring our own Sundancers on a photo wall and video. The check-cashing store offers its window space to a different nonprofit organization each month. We'll be there through mid=April. More photos and article on our Sundance blog.
Monthly Saturday (next: April 4): 6:00 - 9:30 pm
Beatbox, 314 11th St. at Folsom, San Francisco
Our monthly Saturday night dance at Beatbox continues! It's a fantastic space, with a gorgeous hardwood floor, awesome sound system, fully-stocked bar, and convenient south-of-Market location. Usually the first Saturday of the month. 6:00–9:30 pm, with beginning lessons 6:00–7:00 pm. $8 admission.
Also our official end time has changed to 9:30 pm, though we may sometimes be able to stay a bit later depending on the needs to the event that follows us.
Sundance Saloon at Easter with the Sisters
Sunday, April 5: 12:30 pm
Hellman Hollow, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Calling all Sundancers! We've been invited to line dance on the stage of the Easter in Golden Gate Park with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an only-in-San-Francisco event that has become a must-see experience if only for its famous Hunky Jesus Contest.
Gather by the stage by 12:15 pm (plan ahead and don't be late!). Bring a blanket and picnic lunch, and enjoy the rest of the afternoon with your felow Sundancers! Hellman Hollow is off of JFK Drive. Parking is limited to nonexistent - MUNI highly recommended: 5-Fulton and 29-Sunset; also 71-Haight/Noriega and N-Judah.
Detailed information here.
Celebrate our 17th anniversary on this special night - with entertainment, souvenirs, and of course lots of great dancing. This is a great night to bring your friends and show them the fun and the great energy of the Sundance Saloon. 5:00 - 10:30 pm (lessons as always 5:30-7:15 pm).
We give thanks to the members, volunteers and community that have supported Sundance Saloon all these years, and helped it grow and thrive. Here's to a happy 17th birthday to all of us, from all of us, and here's to many, many more.
Line Dance Pro Sessions at Sundance Saloon
Sunday April 12, 19, 26: 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Sundance Saloon: Cocoa Room
Expand your horizons as Michael Metzger and guests introduce a new line dance each session! These sessions are meant to be informal, and will feature a mix of lessons and line dancing with dances that are not featured during our regular Sundance Saloon time. We hope to satisfy even the most die-hard line dance aficionado! (Line dance pro sessions will not be held the first week of each month.)
The Sundance Stompede is our huge annual country-western dance weekend for the LGBT community and its friends, with awesome dance parties, hours and hours of fantastic dance workshops, plus lots of extra touches to make this weekend truly memorable.
Highlights this year include:
- THURSDAY NIGHT: Kick-off Dance at Sundance Saloon. 6:30-11:00 pm, 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Welcome Dance at the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn. 7:30pm-1:00am. 1500 Van Ness, SF. $30
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Hoedown 2015 at the fabulous Regency Ballroom. Our annual gala benefit country-western dance. 7:30pm-1:00am, 1300 Van Ness, SF $55
- SUNDAY NIGHT: Stompede Ball at Sundance Saloon. 5:00-11:00pm. 550 Barneveld, SF. $12
- DANCE WORKSHOPS: over 40 hours of instruction spread Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with world-class instructors, and all levels from beginning to advanced. ($30-$40 per day for a day pass)
- SOCIAL EVENTS, including our VIP Welcome Reception, Women's Trans-inclusive Social, and After-hours Parties.
Sundance Saloon now has a blog! We'll post articlescovering a range of topics to give a more in-depth and personal look at Sundance Saloon, including Sundance news and events, music, and dancing. And we'd love to have submissions from you too! What does Sundance mean to you? How has Sundance made a difference in your life? E-mail blog@sundancesaloon with your ideas.
Some recent articles:
- NEW PAGE: Sundance Saloon Poster Archive
- It Takes a Village: Sundance Saloon Promotion at 16th & Market
- Sundance Saloon Promo Video: 2015
- Top 20 Country-Western Dance Songs at Sundance Saloon: March 2015
- Sundance Saloon Presented Country-Western Dancing on RSVP’s 30th Anniversary Caribbean Cruise
- So You Think You Can’t Dance? Advice for beginning two-steppers at Sundance Saloon.